WWF Journey to the Circle and Giants of Antarctica
WWF Journey to the Circle and Giants of Antarctica (Ocean Endeavour)
Join Intrepid and special guests from the World Wildlife Fund – Australia (WWF-Australia) on a 14-day expedition to the Antarctic Peninsula and Circle. Search the icy waters and white shores for whales and other creatures by day, then relax and enjoy an illuminating lecture program by night. Joining our regular team of Antarctic experts will be WWF-Australia scientists, sharing their insights into whale conservation while they conduct cutting edge research on these underwater giants. And that’s just the icing on this Antarctic cake. This adventure offers you the chance to explore Antarctica’s barren beauty on foot and by Zodiac, to encounter penguin rookeries, sight leopard seals and marvel at towering glaciers as they calve right before your eyes.
- Get the chance to learn about state-of-the-art whale research techniques and marine conservation from a team of researchers during peak humpback whale season.
- Get the chance to take daily excursions with experts in Antarctic biology, glaciology and history – with extra days for landings on this extended expedition – then unwind at night with onboard lectures and presentations.
- Enjoy a more personal journey on the Ocean Endeavour, which boasts an enviable crew to passenger ratio – one expedition crew member for every 8 passengers.
- Customise your trip with optional activities like kayaking, a photography masterclass, yoga classes, massage or even a polar plunge.
- Travel with a lighter footprint though a carbon-offset expedition that serves only sustainably sourced seafood and avoids single-use plastics.
Ushuaia – Embarkation Day
South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula
The Antarctic Circle
Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands